Professional Development and Certification Activities
Every 4 years, CMF Certificants are expected to complete 40 hours and CMP Certificants are expected to complete 30 hours of Professional Development and Certification activities.
You will be required to complete a Re-Certification Application every 4 years. The Re-Certification Application is a simple 1-page form that serves as a "Self-Attestation" verifying that certificants have completed the expected # of hours of Professional and Certification activities, and:
- Maintained the ICCI Competencies as required for your continued certification.
- Continued to abide by the ICCI Code of Ethical Practices.
- Maintained your certification in good standing by paying your annual renewal fee when due and to re-certify every four years.
Professional Development Activities include:
- Participating in continuing education courses, conferences, workshops, or webinars
- Reading books, professional journals, blogs
- Developing new tools or materials
- Researching for and preparing presentations
Professional Contribution Activities include:
- Writing articles or books
- Commenting in LinkedIn groups related to the profession
- Volunteering to present or facilitate community job search groups
- Serving on boards or committees of career services organizations
- Mentoring future certificants or colleagues